Did you know dark chocolate can actually be healthy?
Here are some of the benefits: - keeps your heart healthy - improves cognitive function (brain health) - helps control insulin levels due to low glycemic index of dark chocolate - full of antioxidants to fight free radicals in the body - high in the minerals pottasium; copper; magnesium; iron
It is recommended to have 20g per day (roughly 2 blocks) for health benefits.
Make sure your dark chocolate is a minimum of 70% cocao solids (this ensures lower sugar content) & preferably organic. Pictured is one of my favourite brands, Vivani, another one is Green & Blacks. Both are organic and have ethical sourcing standards.
- all ingredients are organically grown and certified.
- cocoa varieties and other ingredients are of top quality and are used in an optimum ratio of mixture.
- they deliberately exclude lecithin.
- they do not use genetically engineered ingredients.
- they have an amazing dark chocolate range such as dark chocolate 71%, 75%, 85%, 92%; dark chocolate chilli; fine dark orange amongst others!
Next time you reach for the milk chocolate, why not try dark ;-)
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE SWEET TREATS RECIPE EBOOK BELOW...
This great little information packed ebook not only contains a wide variety of 12 different recipes, but also has a stack of information on the truth behind fats; how we need to form good food habits for our kids and the 10 essential ingredients you need to keep in your cupboard to always have a healthy treat option available to you.